Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Break-up

So yeah, I've had radio silence on my blog for a bit, and I guess I should apologize.  But I really haven't had much to share or talk about.  I do finally have some awesome watermelons coming in, and we've enjoyed a few tomatoes that I grew as well.  I even made crepes this past weekend.  Yeah, I made crepes.  My life is boring, but I think I really like it like that.  I just got back in town to have emo dog greet me.  He showed his love by taking a lap around the yard, and then ignoring me.  I think he missed me, but it sucks coming home and not having Jrock there. 

I'm now in my office and doing the usual email and message checking and of course, facebook updates.  I realized that I think I'm outgrowing my facebook account.  It's a little too much like Myspace at this point, a bunch of people I'm not sure I give a crap about any longer, posting drama or stuff that doesn't really entertain me.  I don't care about the new item you just bought on credit cause you live above your means.  I don't care to see pictures of your new baby, your baby is ugly...yes, I said it.  Some babies are ugly.  There are ugly people, so obviously there are ugly babies.  I don't give a poop to see an office whore tagged in posts with the schmo she's banging.  And I really don't care to see my psychotic ex comment and write things on every single person I happen to know's wall every five minutes.  Nor do I really feel the need for your latest inspirational quote you found online, or need to find Jesus.  So I've now decided, Facebook...we're breaking up.  It's not you, it's me.  I'm just not into you anymore.  I no longer find you attractive.  You've lowered your standards over the years (and I could write many hurtful things at this point as to why I feel that way), and you've really let yourself go.  I'm not saying I'm deleting my account...we can remain "friends" but at this point I really don't know if I'll be visiting you any longer.  I've moved on.  Yes, I know those words are painful.  I have a few new girls in my life, Pinterest and Foodgawker.  And guess what?  They really have a lot less drama...and I like that.  But that Pinterest may be getting a Dear John letter soon...that bitch just tries to make me jealous by bragging all day. ; )

I'm sorry it has come to this, but I feel it's for the best.  I need to go focus on my crepe making technique, actually doing work, and being boring.  I like boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment